Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] when we start

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 04:27:14 PDT

> Isn't it against SOME law to work on Labor day???????

It's the boarding school element that changes all the rules, I guess! We've
got a captive audience and at least 5-6 teachers/staff members are on campus
all the time, supervising, so the decision was made to go on and use it as a
class day. Last year was the first time (in the 8 years I've been at the
school) that we had classes on Labor Day and it was ...okay... Not great,
but ...okay... We don't really get any one-day holidays, but the flip side
is that most of the time we have longer breaks when we get them.

To unsubscribe go to