[teacherartexchange] music in the Art room

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 01:54:02 PDT

Hello All,

This is my first year to have my very own Art Room -
and I am thinking about playing some music while the
students are working. As I'll have a captive audience
- I would like to play some music that they might not
otherwise be exposed to. As we get further along, I
was thinking of playing some traditional or
contemporary music from the country or area that we
are currently studying or from the birth country of
the artist we are looking at (ie. some Japanese music
while we fold origami, etc.)

However, as we're getting started, I was wondering if
anyone could recommend a good cd for some varied World
Music - or if you have any suggestions based on what
you listen to in your room.

Thanks!

Chris in Central Arkansas