Re: Fwd: [teacherartexchange] What do I do with them next

---------

From: Michael sacco (occasm_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 20:58:53 PDT

Stacie,
If I may butt in here. And please don't be offended
here. All of us on the list want you to succeed. no
mistaking this!
    Mikel is so, so, right here. Think of what you
learned during you middle school stint. Don't worry so
much about covering vital content, P & Es or whatever
right now. HOok them with engaging projects first and
the rest will follow, once they believe and trust in
you. It's the same as in middle school.
   MIkel is also correct in the open ended part,
especially in H.S. Let them get excited and make
something personal and meaningful to them and they
will bring all sorts of stuff in and become truly
engaged.
   Remember what you've learned from your first year.

Mike Sacco
Paul J. Gelinas JHS
Setauket, NY
www.myschoolonline.com/ny/gelinasartdept