Re: [teacherartexchange] What do I do with them next

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 20:39:39 PDT

Remember that you want them to love art sooooo much
that they enroll in it in droves and have their
friends enroll too. It is job security for you in
your new position. It sounds like you are trying to
work them or bore them to get them to drop the class!

I have taught art 1, art 2-4, fibers, cultural art,
ceramics, 7th and 8th grade art and elementary- they
all want to have fun in art. Fun is not going to cause
discipline problems....fun will make them love the
class, you and art.

What if you gave them an open ended problem and had
them decide what their project would be? You will be
amazed at what supplies they can come up with when
they are interested in making something! Give a theme
or a design problem and let them think of the "clever
idea" that will get oohs and ahhs. Don't worry about
what you think they can't do. Technique is only bad if
it stands in the way of your content. - Mikel in OK