Re: [teacherartexchange] Contemporary Art

---------

From: trish ackerman (dacke8175_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 18:27:19 PDT

Hi Pamela,
I recently took a group of 6th graders to a
contemporary art museum in denver and it was a great
visit. I prepared the students with a ppt I made
showing various types of contemporary art from
collages to the radioactive cats of sandy skoglund. I
also included some of the current exhibit they were
going to see to explain it somewhat.

THis was the first exposure to most of the kids since
we focus on tradional art until 8th grade in our
curriculum. I dont know how much other schools do with
the lower grades.

The visit went well except for a room that contained
unclothed people in videos on the floor. ( I think the
exhibit was called little people) I tried to go and
visit ahead but they werent set up. I got a few calls
from parents the next week.
Trish

Trish Ackerman
Core Knowledge Charter School