Re: [teacherartexchange] Techies-- I need help

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 16:26:16 PDT

Many of the schools in my area have a lab of each. The Mac lab is for
communications and the PC lab is for business classes. A nearby school
recently went one-to-one with Mac laptops, and the kids all flock to the
library, which is PC, after school to connect to their wireless internet.
No, they can't connect to the library server, but with flash drives so cheap
and easy to obtain this may not even be an issue when it comes to file
sharing.
I think it is important that kids know both platforms, because they may be
asked in the workplace to operate one or the other. Kind of like when I made
both of my own kids learn to drive a stick shift - I wanted them to be able
to have the freedom to choose. :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids