Re: [teacherartexchange] Techies-- I need help

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 15:47:37 PDT

You wrote:
>Mac and PC's can be networked together, but I have found that a lot of techs don't know how (or maybe don't want to do it). I just don't want you to spend a lot of money and have a lot of problems later.

New Macs with the dual Intel processors run Windows XP native (this not emulation, and it is very fast). You now literally get both worlds in one computer. No need to choose between the two computers. With a Mac and you have both. You choose which system you open when you start the computer. Our son-in-law replaced a dead Dell with a Mac. He says it works great for him using either operating system. If the network administrator knows how to network only one type of system you can use the network while logged on that system. Our Mac laptop is productive as soon as I open the screen. Our Windows system sits there checking for viruses before my program will open.

Marvin