[teacherartexchange] Tyree Guyton - African American Artist

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 18:33:36 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Linda E. introduced me to Tyree Guyton - African American artist:
http://www.heidelberg.org/Pages/Artists/guyton/default.htm

Work is very expressive.... your students will be inspired
(particularly those who say they can't draw or aren't "good" at
art.....)

"Internationally recognized Detroit artist, Tyree Guyton recycles
doors, bedsprings, shoes, flags and other found objects into
imaginative mixed media works of art. Guyton is perhaps best known for
his open-air installation on Heidelberg Street in Detroit, Michigan.
He has been the driving force behind the Heidelberg Project since
1986, and continues to focus his efforts on revitalizing the community
where he was born, raised, resides and works."

Find out more about the Heidelberg Project
http://www.heidelberg.org/default1.htm

Browse his work and enjoy.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department