Re: [teacherartexchange] King Tut exhibition?

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 10:41:08 PDT

Hi Sue,
        I saw this exhibit last summer in Los Angeles, on a weekday. While
the show itself had an excellent display and historical information,
even with a timed ticket, the volume of people was overwhelming--like
wall-to-wall! I could not get up close to see the displays or linger
and come back to see something again. It was rather dark and
claustrophobic in the galleries, which certainly would give you the
feeling of being in a tomb. There were many huge strollers and
screaming kids, too. If you can tolerate the atmosphere, then the
trip would be worth it to see the exhibit.

                                                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus