re:[teacherartexchange] the rollercoaster

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 07:37:19 PDT

I'm confused too! Weren't YOU hired to be the
ceramics teacher? Having all those classes swap out
and only able to work on ceramics one day a week
sounds completely ridiculous to me. I can't believe
the other art teachers would agree to this. It sounds
like the best way to do it would be to rotate the
rooms after a couple weeks, so at least the kids have
a solid block of time to finish a project or two. The
way your admin. wants to do things there probably
wouldn't even be enough places to store everything.
And about the supply thing.. are there no supplies at
your school? How do they expect you to teach like
that? Have you complained/asked for more supplies?
There is no way that you could teach a quality art
class with only colored pencils. From what you've
talked about before, it sounds like finding a new job
wouldn't be all that hard for next year.