Re: [teacherartexchange] Techies-- I need help

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 16:08:06 PDT

Marsh,
        The projector and laptop are a must. I assume you have a digital
camera.
I got a lot of miles out of shooting the students engaged in work and
showing
them at parent teacher conferences. It's almost like getting the
parents and
other staff members into the classroom with the kids. As for a few
computers
in the classroom, it can be a real distraction. I prefer taking the
entire class
to the computer lab if that's possible.
                                        Woody
Here are examples of pics the parents might see:
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/6thGradeColor.html
http://www.taospaint.com/ColorPrinting.html

On Aug 21, 2006, at 4:13 PM, Aartteachr@aol.com wrote:

> Netters,
>
> I know Diane Gregory has a wealth of classroom technology
> experience and so
> does Judy Decker. I have spent the evening browsing in all our old
> archives
> to get our members comments on what technology to integrate into
> the art
> classroom. We are prehistoric at my school (except for the
> computer lab/ tech
> dept. which has it all) Outside of an overhead, VHS and monitor
> and two
> "dinosauric" computers that are not worth much when it comes to
> graphics, we have
> little else. I even bought my own scanner/printer and CD burner.
>
> What would you suggest that we get IF we had the bucks. I know I
> want an LCD
> and laptop. Or are there better options? I am 'dum-dumb" about
> this stuff.
>
> Marsh

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net