Re: [teacherartexchange] lesson suggestions

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 13:00:21 PDT

Hi Wendy,
     A good artist to study for watercolors of fruits and vegetables
is Charles Demuth. I did a lesson on him with my second graders,
then we cut out the shapes after they were dry and arranged them in a
paper weaving basket that the students made, which was then mounted
on a large piece of manila or colored construction paper, on which
they collaged patterns with wallpaper, oil pastel, and other mixed
media at hand. This is a multiple step project, but produces
stunning compositions.

                                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                                        Art teacher, K-5, retired