Re: [teacherartexchange] suprise special needs

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 08:01:48 PDT

I just learned that an extremely severe special needs
child - about whom we have had meetings for months,
and re-modeld part of the school building to
accomodate - and who has no use of his hands and is
non-verbal - is coming to my class NEXT HOUR. I am
furious - not becuase he's coming, but good grief
somebody could have let me prepare! I went to the big
meeting where it was decided he wouldn't be coming. I
do not have space for him, my room is tiny, and this
is adding a very large wheelchair and additional
equipmtne and two adults to the mix. I have absolutely
no equipment or materials adapted to his needs - I
would have ordered some. what do they expect me to
do??

Sorry, just had to tell somebody. Good grief.