Re: [teacherartexchange] First Projects / Beginning of year compilation

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 07:43:55 PDT

Have you considered putting out a 'request' sheet for supplies (donations)
to your students' parents/guardians? I put one out every year along with
the manditory course outline. It surprises me what have donated over the
years. I had mirror on that list, and one year, one of the students came in
and said "my dad wants to know what size you would like the mirror to
be?".....it turned out he was a motel owner that had just taken down a huge
piece of mirror! He cut it up into 6" squares for me, polished the edges
and now I have a complete class set!
I have also had donations of older portable CD players (very nice in the
classroom) and all sorts of things.
sue