Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] preschool art

From: Judy Potter (JD-Potter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 07:01:19 PDT

Hello Beth,
"ArtExpress: A Curriculum for Young Children with Disabilities" is an
excellent resource. ArtExpress includes many art activity ideas, plans
for integrated art activities, and family involvement resources. Chapter
eleven covers Assessment including documenting child growth through
portfolios and three assessment tools (Visual Art Developmental
Checklist, Stages of Children's Drawing, and the Visual Art Rating
Scale). ArtExpress also describes developmentally appropriate tools,
materials, and activities; demonstrates integrating the arts into early
childhood content; includes strategies to encourage children to develop
their own images (symbols); advocates making arts materials accessible
and available; recommends allowing enough time to participate in the
entire art process; and shows how to adapt materials, devices, and
technology to ensure access to expressive arts. For ordering
information go to: or email
Hope this helps.
Judy in Illinois

Elizabeth Heisey wrote:

>They are aligning our preschool art with the k-12
>curriculum in our school. I wondered if anyone had a
>curriculum they could share...or maybe a book or idea?
>Beth in Ohio
>sorry--resent with corrected subject head
>Do You Yahoo!?
>To unsubscribe go to

To unsubscribe go to