Re: [teacherartexchange] preschool art

---------

From: Judy Potter (JD-Potter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 07:01:19 PDT

Hello Beth,
"ArtExpress: A Curriculum for Young Children with Disabilities" is an
excellent resource. ArtExpress includes many art activity ideas, plans
for integrated art activities, and family involvement resources. Chapter
eleven covers Assessment including documenting child growth through
portfolios and three assessment tools (Visual Art Developmental
Checklist, Stages of Children's Drawing, and the Visual Art Rating
Scale). ArtExpress also describes developmentally appropriate tools,
materials, and activities; demonstrates integrating the arts into early
childhood content; includes strategies to encourage children to develop
their own images (symbols); advocates making arts materials accessible
and available; recommends allowing enough time to participate in the
entire art process; and shows how to adapt materials, devices, and
technology to ensure access to expressive arts. For ordering
information go to: www.wiu.edu/thecenter/art or email DJ-Burnell@wiu.edu
Hope this helps.
Judy in Illinois