[teacherartexchange] cardboard chairs

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 04:40:38 PDT

It has been a long time since I did chairs with my kids - but here is
what some recent searches turned up - a few people have asked for lesson
plans - but I don't have any -

Don't forget the FedEx furniture too -

http://www.andrewsenior.com/gallery/design/cardboard_instruct.html
and the divorce collection:
http://cardboardconstructionco.blogspot.com/

Cardboard folding chairs:
http://www.designboom.com/cardboard2.html

And I found this cardboard chair challenge - I haven't read through all
of it, but it looks like a class project - those of you looking for more
direction may be able to tweak it for yourselves -
http://www.jhuapl.edu/mesa/Cardboard2006.pdf

Physics project:
http://staffweb.peoriaud.k12.az.us/David_Hill/THE%20CHAIR%20PROJECT.doc

This Chair Affair 2006 challenge has sites for inspiration -
http://www.aias.org/chairaffair/program.pdf

and chairs inspired by Gehry's:
http://www.cardboardchair.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv

I don't have lesson plans - but these pages may help - and Taschen has a
book called 1000 chairs - it is a good resource. We only made little
models, and it was 5th grade... simple construction with cardboard,
cutters and embellishments -

Ellen in KY