[teacherartexchange] American School in Japan -project ideas for ceramics and more

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2006 - 10:41:15 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Julie sent me this link for the American School in Japan:
http://www.asij.ac.jp/Highschool/academic/art/jthomas/welcome_to_asij_arts_and_crafts.htm

You will find some nice project ideas for ceramics. Julie liked the
ceramic clocks:
http://www.asij.ac.jp/Highschool/academic/art/jthomas/ceramics_clocks_page.htm

The organic forms totems are really neat:
http://www.asij.ac.jp/Highschool/academic/art/jthomas/ceramics_texture_pods.htm
Pinch pot forms (fusing two pinch pots together) are made and
textured. Holes are made in forms to mount on a rod. These would make
a neat garden installation.
This idea has been posted to the list before.... If any one does it
with students, send me a sample for Incredible Art Department. No
lesson plan is necessary.

I have added a link to this school from Secondary Art Departments page.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/