RE: [teacherartexchange] Best Art Colleges

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 15:29:28 PDT

I have heard over the past 10 years that SCAD is on the verge of bankruptcy
and will take all "comers." I use it as a 'safe school' for 'marginal'
seniors who are not quite there yet, and could 'go either way'. I know their
portfolios are not strong enough for any of the schools on the list, but I
also know that SCAD is a good school and if my students take advantage of
the school they will 'make it'. Parents and students are delighted when they
visit the school, so it's a win win for everyone..kid gets into an art
school, SCAD gets tuition money and art teacher has done her best to get the
student into an art school of some repute. (which if you are an art teacher
in a public school high school you will know what I mean by marginal
senior...a student who is so so, but is not necessarily committed to
anything else at this point in life).

San D