Re:[teacherartexchange] cardboard cones

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 14:36:14 PDT

I use the cardboard cones for making a variety of
paper mache projects. Lately, I have used them to
make the noses of animal face sculptures. I cut the
cones and have the kids tape them to an oval made from
crushed paper towels. The cones get covered with
layers of soft paper, usually towels, but sometimes
crushed newsprint. The cones are ideal armatures for
long nosed animals such as elephants, horses, dogs,
etc. In past years, I have used the cones as the
basis for a clown's hat on paper mache clown faces.
Other uses are for the fuselage of a rocket design
activity. I can send pictures off-list if desired.

Hope this helps, Jerry

www.artguyvilenski.com