Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] copying (and I'm venting)

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 10:36:56 PDT

On Aug 17, 2006, at 9:46 PM, <>
<> wrote:

> Interesting reading, with the responses, Patricia and Woody.
> I do a lot of drawing with my classes because everyone I've ever
> met who says "I'm no good at art" means "I can't draw."
> Drawing is a skillthat can learned, and I firmly believe that the
> observational, spatial, logical and expressive skills
> one acquires through drawing are absolutely necessary to be an
> educated person. IMHO drawing may be the most
> important thing we teach.
> Linda

Thank You Linda,
        I know we've gone round and round on this subject but many of us
need to hear what you said.
It's one thing to know you are correct but we all need some
confirmation from time to time.

I had a principal once who never praised teachers. We sat down with
her once to ask her why.
She said we were all professionals and should not need it. She
believed in positive reinforcement
for students, but not for us. We tried to show her how she was wrong
but I don't think we got through.
Here's a "Pat on the back for Linda". Way to go girl.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM 87199-1703