Re: [teacherartexchange] GUIDED DRAWING? Opinions, suggestions - thoughts?

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 20:54:40 PDT

I use Mark Kistler's Draw Squad for modeled drawing. The lessons are very simple but they build visual vocabulary in techiques such as foreshortening, overlapping (difficult even for middle schoolers) etc. I use Kistler's concepts as a warm-up and lead-in to a more serious perspective lesson.

If the 'canned' nature of modeled drawing lessons bothers you, break the class up in teams, give each team one lesson to master, and have them teach the rest of the class in 'oral reports'. They love it.

Linda