Re: [teacherartexchange] copying (and I'm venting)

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 20:46:59 PDT

Interesting reading, with the responses, Patricia and Woody.

I do a lot of drawing with my classes because everyone I've ever met who says "I'm no good at art" means "I can't draw." Drawing is a skillthat can learned, and I firmly believe that the observational, spatial, logical and expressive skills one acquires through drawing are absolutely necessary to be an educated person. IMHO drawing may be the most important thing we teach.

Linda