[teacherartexchange] Job Share art teacher

---------

From: Julie Jacobusse (JacobusseJulie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 13:55:20 PDT

Whoa-That is strange...I am on the other side of this in that this year I am traveling one day a week to another school. The daily schedule there has all K-5 grades and I asked if I could use her plans because I felt if I were to come in and do different things that the other students would see the projects and visa-versa and felt it may cause problems. I also wanted to have some contiuniuty in what the grade levels were learning there as well. I hope that the teacher I am working with did not feel the same way you did/get upset/offended. I will have to ask her now. Ha-Ha-but seriousely I did not consider the person may get mad. I did ask her in person and she said that would be fine. I also arranged it so that I could go to her school on Thursdays after my classes at my school- to do planning w/her and help get things ready when I am there on Fridays. I felt that I should not expect her to get things ready for me-I am not a sub or something. I have been sharing ideas with her and she has too. So,
far things have been going ok. Another reason why I wanted to use her plans is becasue I felt since the schedule had the full K-5 grade levels all in one day-it would be a lot for me to bring everything I need for the classes-examples, supplies, etc. It would work better to use my own plans if I had 1-2 grade levels all day and then it would not be as burdensome. Hope this helps so you can see the other side of the coin. It helped me to read your opinions as well. It's best if you can work together for the student's sake.

Julie in Georgia

This is a terrific site! I have a uncomfortable question to ask. I am having
another teacher teach at my school for one day this year (rise in student
numbers). That person has been teaching for several years at another school
and will continue there 4 days a week. I sent a welcome email and got back

An email that bothered me. The person seemed irritated about why my school needed an extra teacher (not the fact that this day will keep her full-time was good enough) The proceeded to tell me that she would use my lesson plans. I politely let her know that I would like her to use her plans and that I didn't always have my grades all doing the same lesson (even on one level). Is my being uncomfortable about this silly or was she crossing boundaries (I do not even know her)? I would appreciate constructive comments. Thanks all.