RE: [teacherartexchange] re cardboard cones

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 11:33:58 PDT

I have used them for bracelet stock. Last year I became mesmorized by silver
foil duct tape (not duct tape, but the stuff that contractors use to put
together heating ducts into the heating system, it is VERY sticky, foil top,
sticky back). I cut the cone at the point where it would fit around my wrist
(used a small saw). I then took chipboard and added a layer of designs cut
out of the chipboard ON TOP of the bracelet, leaving negative spaces. I then
took the foil and convered the bracelet, making sure to burnish in into the
crevices between the chipboard designs onto the bracelet. (just cut the foil
into strips and do it one strip at a time). I then took acrylic paint and
'washed' over the entire bracelet, wiping with a paper towel as I went. I
felt lined the bracelet, and viola, it's a bracelet that looks a bit like
repouse.

San D