Re: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 15, 2006

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 21:34:14 PDT

On Aug 16, 2006, at 6:45 PM, Pat wrote:

> An email that bothered me. The person seemed irritated about why my
> school needed an extra teacher (not the fact that this day will
> keep her full-time was good enough) The proceeded to tell me that
> she would use my lesson plans. I politely let her know that I would
> like her to use her plans and that I didn't always have my grades
> all doing the same lesson (even on one level). Is my being
> uncomfortable about this silly or was she crossing boundaries (I do
> not even know her)? I would appreciate constructive comments.
> Thanks all.

I've always been willing to share my lessons with other art teachers.
But, in the same building it can
be a real problem. Will they be presented to the correct level. Will
they be presented in the proper
sequence. Will the teacher work through the lesson first with the
same materials the students will be
using in order to fully understand the problems they may encounter.
Will the teacher adapt the
lessons to his or her own style of teaching or use it as just a recipe.

I would tell the new teacher that it is great for the students to
have more than one art teacher.
Now they will be exposed to more ideas and more than one style of
teaching art. Tell the
new staff member you look forward to seeing his or her new ideas for
motivating the students.
Best of luck and keep us informed, Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703