Re: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 15, 2006

---------

From: Marcy Bogdanich (marcy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 18:25:43 PDT

This is tricky. Having been in the same situation for about 5 years I wish
the part time person would use my plans or that we could plan together but
both offers have been flatly refused. This has set up a complete separation
of curricular goals, different artists, styles and time periods taught and
sometimes lessons I teach in one year are being taught in another year. Know
that she is a fine and thorough teacher and we do get along very well. The
fact that we split two grade levels only makes this separation more
pronounced. Consider my twin first graders...each has a different art
teacher and since we split first and second grade, some students I don't
meet until third grade.
For your sake I hope she loses the attitude. It is difficult enough giving
up some of our territory and learning to work with another person. I had
been left alone for so long that sharing was a whole new experience for
me!!!! I would suggest that you both do lessons on the same track....color
or the same artist. You could still do them in different ways.
Just my two cents!