Re: [teacherartexchange] Daily warm ups?

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 17:33:08 PDT

I have included a couple of excerpts from the book "Daily Warm-Ups: Art" by
Shari McMahon. These are typical of all activities in the book.

Under Elements of Design: Line

Take a Bite:
    * eating apple
    * 6-inch-by-24-inch drawing paper
    * pencil
Place the apple in front of you. Near the left edge of the paper, do a
contour-line drawing of the apple. When you have finished the first drawing,
take one bite from the apple. Next to the first drawing, draw the apple
again with the bite missing. When you have completed the second drawing,
take a second bite. Draw the apple again. Continue in this manner until the
last drawing shows only the apple core.

Elements of Design: Space
    * scissors
    * drawing paper
    * colored pencils or marker
Cut a hole somewhere in your paper. On the back of your paper, write down
five things you can think of that have a hole in them, such as a keyhole.
Now, create a drawing that incorporates the hole in your paper.

~Michal