Re:[teacherartexchange] GUIDED DRAWING? Opinions, suggestions - thoughts?

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 06:17:02 PDT

Leah,

To help reinforce the shape part I have cut out the
basic shapes and made a game out of identifying the
shapes with and object. I would hold up an object and
students individually would select the shape or shapes
that could represent the object. I would then have
them discuss with a table partner "why" these shapes
work. If they have different shapes then their
neighbor then they discuss "why" there are
differences. I encourage students not just to except
they are wrong and change but to talk out why or why
not the decisions they make are appropriate. For
younger grades you need to walk through the process a
couple times.....but they do get it.

Jeff (Minnesota)