Re:[teacherartexchange] Altered books

---------

From: Michael sacco (occasm_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 13:16:29 PDT

Sorry this is late but I've been away.
I've also done Altered books but with ninth graders.
IMHO a theme is not super important. I let students
choose their own theme but honestly most make theirs
what I call a self-portrait. They just create spreads
about what interests them. they were a big hit and I'm
doing them again this year. If you're interested you
can email me off list or search the archive because I
spoke about these near the end of the school year.
    you can see them at our site.

http://www.myschoolonline.com/page/0,1871,6775-205612-4-87739,00.html

Mike Sacco
Paul J. Gelinas JHS