[teacherartexchange] Norma Bessouet - web site and catalogs of work

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 09:20:15 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Norma Bessouet's web site is back on line.
http://www.normabessouet.com.ar/
Norma was born in Argentina and is now living in New York.

from essay - The World of Norma Bessouet
by Witney Chadwick

......dream-like and fantastic voyages and mythic narratives of the
spirit. In her previous works, inner fears, desires fantasies and
emotions mingled in scenes of heightened realism and dream-like
condensations of time and space.

Bessouet's painting merges certain Latin American strands of literary
magic realism with Surrealism, often recalling the fabulous pictorial
narratives of female Surrealist painters like Leonora Carrington,
Dorothea Tanning and Toyen with their explorations of dream.......

See more of her work:
http://www.ardengallery.com/Bessouet/norma_bessouet.htm
http://www.kourosgallery.com/artists/bessouet/Bessouet.htm

I now have catalogs of her work and will send them to you to use with
your students. Send your request to me off list. Include your snail
mail address. I will collect names and addresses this week and will
mail the catalogs next week. You do have permission to scan images to
use with your students. Once you have browsed the catalogs and made
your selections, you will mail to the next person on the list.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/