[teacherartexchange] list of books

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 07:57:32 PDT

Hi all,
Thanks for all the book ideas. I have made a list and thought others might
want it. Sorry that I don't have time to put a description of each book
down, but it's a long list!
Happy reading!
Sue

Sarah Dunant - The Birth of Venus, also In the Company of the Courtesan
Tracy Chevalier - Girl with a Pearl Earring, also The Lady and the Unicorn
Irving Stone - The Agony and the Ecstasy (Michelangelo)
Diana Gabaldon - Outlander (also called Cross Stitch), also Dragonfly in
Amber, etc.
Anita Diamant - The Red Tent
Howard Norman - The Bird Artist
Gregory MacGuire - Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
Olivia Manning - Artist Among the Missing
Jane Jakeman - The Egyptian Coffin
Tucker Malarkey - Resurrection: a novel
Karen Essex - Leonardo's Swans, also Kleopatra, also Pharaoh (Kleopatra II)
Harriet Scott Chessman - Lindia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper
Ken Follet - The Modigliani Scandal (Signet), also Pillars of The Earth
Susan Vreeland - The Passion of Artemisia, also Life Studies: Stories, also
The Forest Lover, also Girl in Hyacinth Blue
Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code
Claire Cooperstein - Johanna: A Novel of the vanGogh Family
Marek Halter - Sarah
Sarah Gruen - Water for Elephants
Robert Harris - Pompeii, also Imperium: A novel of Ancient Rome
Arthur Golden - Memoirs of a Geisha
Wilbur Smith - The Seventh Scroll, also Warlock, etc.
Margaret George - Memoirs of Cleopatra
Robin Cook - Sphinx
Agatha Christie - Death Comes as the End
Mika Waltari - Egyptian
Christian Jacq - Ramses: The Son of Light, Vol. 1
Brad Geagley - Day of the False King: A Novel of Murder in Ancient Babylon,
also Year of the Hyenas: A Novel of Murder in Ancient Egypt
Christian Jacq - The Empire of Darkness: A Novel of Ancient Egypt
Kathryn Davis - Versailles
Mario Vargas Llosa, Natasha Wimmer (Translator) - The Way to Paradise
Irving Stone, Arving Stone - Lust for Life
Javier Sierra, Alberto Manguel (Translator) - The Secret Supper