[teacherartexchange] Art in convalescent hospitals and senior centers

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 20:25:29 PDT

I am now being asked to substitute teach arts and crafts activities in
convalescent hospitals. From the research I have done on the WWW, I gather
that it is one place where they have a lot of art therapy professionals
working. However, I am merely an art teacher. I wondered if anyone has
done this kind of work and can give me a clue about a good lesson plan for a
convalescent home or even a senior citizen center. Or even a web site
address where I can learn about this stuff. This online group has the BEST
links I have seen yet. Thanks.
Jean Womack
http://www.jeanger.com