Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] book recomendations?

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 18:08:14 PDT

I really enjoyed "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" by Gregory MacGuire
(author of "Wicked"); one of the main characters is an artist, and it takes
place in the Netherlands in the time of Vermeer. Art figures prominently.
I also thought "The Passion of Artemisia" (can't remember the author) was
ok; I felt it was a better representation of her life (post-Tassi) than the
film "Artemisia". I felt that "Stepsister" seemed more "true to the times"
in terms of dialog, detail, etc.
-Lydia in Toledo