[teacherartexchange] postcard project?

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 16:46:39 PDT

Hi.
While cleaning out a few boxes from the last move, I came across a pile (and
I mean a pile!) of postcards which I got from a donation somewhere.
I have over 100 EACH of the following
Degas - The Rehearsal Onstage
Renoir - Madme Georges Charpentier and her Children
van Gogh - Oleanders
Monet - Bridge over a Pool of Water Lilies
Renoir - By the Seashore

I would like to do something with these postcards with my grade 12
'non-traditional' media class.....any ideas?

My first thought was having the students 'modify' the images using media
ontop of the postcards - essentially creating a new image.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I've had these postcards for a few years -
it's about time I did something with them!
Thanks!
Sue