[teacherartexchange] Air Dry Clay

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 08:03:20 PDT

Hey all,
   This summer, I tried Sax air dry clay. I was
disappointed because it was crackly and pieces kept
breaking off of kids projects. Has anyone used this
before? Did we maybe do something wrong? We used
water to attach pieces and keep the clay moist.
    Also, I was wondering if you have used other
brands of air dry clay and which you would recommend.
Which kind is closest to regular clay and which is
strong? I'm not interested in modeling clay because
I've found those come really hard and the little kids
have trouble kneading it.
    Thanks, Marcia in WI