Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 12, 2006

---------

From: christine (kotarsky_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 18:40:27 PDT

I would love to hear more about daily warm ups. I teach 6-8 grade and we are
required to have a warm up and an essential question posted in the room
along with a word wall. We are expected to encourage the children to write
as well. This is all part of Learning Focused Training the whole school went
through.
In the past years I have required the students to keep a notebook/sketchbook
in which the are to keep their warm up assignments. The warm ups are usually
review of a vocabulary term that they are to answer into their notes.
Sometimes the warm up is a drawing. I have only 45 minutes and class sizes
of around 30+ this year also. The writing is difficult for some kids and
some will just not do it, even if it is part of their daily grade.
So I would love some advice as well on this subject. I want their warm ups
to be exciting, fast and to gear them up for the lesson while learning the
vocabulary.
Christine