Re: [teacherartexchange] GUIDED DRAWING? Opinions, suggestions - thoughts?

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 16:54:54 PDT

Chris,

I can relate to your situation with parents as I have
had simular responses in my first years of teaching.
The difference though was students actually created
original works (fantastic pieces) parents questioned
if the student actually did them. The problem came
about because of the parents own lack of artistic
understanding they felt their own child could not
develop art either.

I am very lucky that I have complete control over the
curriculum that is taught in my district. I do not
like "canned" projects. I feel bad for teachers that
have to be restrained by such projects.

Jeff (minnesota)
--- chris massingill <chris_massingill@yahoo.com>