Re: [teacherartexchange] GUIDED DRAWING? Opinions, suggestions - thoughts?

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 15:03:31 PDT

I do it quite abit at the elementary level, and at the middle school level
when we do perspective. Administrators (at least on my evaluations) call it
"modeling". I start with my students early with breaking down what they are
drawing into basic shapes. As they get older I show them how to build the
item back up, adding more details and making their drawings more "real". If
you think about it, we do this when we show students gesture drawings - how
to draw a sausage person to make sure the basic structure is correct.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids