[teacherartexchange] GUIDED DRAWING? Opinions, suggestions - thoughts?

---------

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 14:44:43 PDT

Hi all,

Last year while doing some of my observation hours for my methods class, I
heard reference to GUIDED DRAWING. I took pause at this, since I never
responded well to the "this is how you draw a cat" mentality...

But:

I did experiment a little and found that my early elementary the kids LOVED
being shown, how to draw a cat, and a dog and a rabbit and a cow... (I stuck
to farm animals on farm day!).

I got some of Mona Brooks stuff- but frankly, I could not bear to read one
more book (1 year left to my M.Ed, can you tell!)

What do you all think of guided drawing...

Curious in Colorado

Leah