Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] GUIDED DRAWING? Opinions, suggestions - thoughts?

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 14:44:43 PDT

Hi all,

Last year while doing some of my observation hours for my methods class, I
heard reference to GUIDED DRAWING. I took pause at this, since I never
responded well to the "this is how you draw a cat" mentality...

I did experiment a little and found that my early elementary the kids LOVED
being shown, how to draw a cat, and a dog and a rabbit and a cow... (I stuck
to farm animals on farm day!).

I got some of Mona Brooks stuff- but frankly, I could not bear to read one
more book (1 year left to my M.Ed, can you tell!)

What do you all think of guided drawing...

Curious in Colorado

To unsubscribe go to