Re: [teacherartexchange] copying

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 11:16:05 PDT

I do respect what you are saying and yes agree that
"observation/seeing" is the base for good drawing. If
we observe a photo, trace a photo or draw from real
life that observation is still active and important.
In copying, teaching students to "see" detail, values,
color, proportions has its value as one way in a
variety of ways to teach drawing. The job of the
teacher, Elementary, Middle School, High School or
College is to push the student past copying others
photos, drawings, paintings to find original subject
matter.

Originally is another issue that I believe needs to be
addressed in the classroom.

Jeff (Minnesota)

http://www.taospaint.com/AmaryllisArt/AmaryllisArt.html