Re: [teacherartexchange] copying

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 06:06:00 PDT

Ok, now I'm confused. The only time I allow my students to trace is when
they need a "clean" copy of their own artwork. Usually because they drew
with a grid and drew the gridlines too dark, or made excessive changes and
again, too many eraser marks. So they go to the lightbox and trace their own
drawing. My definition of copying is to look at a photo and draw from that
rather than from life.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids