RE: [teacherartexchange] Daily warm ups?

---------

From: familyerickson (familyerickson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2006 - 12:40:56 PDT

Chris,
I taught this same schedule with the same grades a few years ago. With
only 40 min. I found I didn't have time for warm-ups but you might be able
to....
I divided the 9 weeks into 9 different media exploration with 9 different
artists as inspiration and covered one each week with a project due on
Friday of each week (if they didn't finish they could then do at home over
the weekend and be ready to start the new medium on Monday). My students
told me they enjoyed getting to do a lot of different media and they liked
having 5 days in a row to do it (in contrast to their elem. schedule which
had been once a week). We had to move at a pretty fast pace to finish a
project in 5 days but it kept them busily working and out of trouble.
I can zap you the list of the 9 media that I used if you want it.
Cindy