[teacherartexchange] Altered Book Lesson Plan from Judi Morgan

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2006 - 08:21:20 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I have added Judi Morgan's 8th grade Altered Book Lesson to IAD:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Judi-books.htm

From Judi:
Here is an altered book assignment I did with eighth graders. It was
the most fantastic project I have ever done with the kids. They LOVED
it! We used Fridays to work on them, but whenever they got done with
the project at hand they could work on them as well as come in to the
classroom during their tutorial. They were sooo intent on these
books! They constantly brought bags of "stuff" from home and I could
easily say "look if you don't focus on the current project we won't be
able to work on the books Friday cause we have to get these done..
... I used so much of the information and material already posted to
create the assignment. I assigned the title of their book to be "My
World". As middle schoolers that is so much of their focus anyway and
it allowed for many sub-topic pages.
Linda Kieling's, Lotte Petricone's and Stephanie Corder's lessons are
also on IAD.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Linda-books.htm

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department