[teacherartexchange] One-Point Perspective Tutorial

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 16:27:48 PDT

Hi,

The expanded version of my Drawing in One-Point Perspective website is
now available as an interactive CD or DVD on my website at:
http://www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective/order.html

Both the CD and DVD contain the same 29 step-by-step drawing
tutorials, along with images by Jan Vredeman de Vries, photographs,
and sections on key concepts, drawing tools and how to start a
one-point perspective drawing. The CD and DVD include step-by-step
visual handouts of the 29 one-point perspective drawing projects.

You can see a sample of one of the lessons on the CD and DVD at:
http://www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective/ordercd.html

The DVD can be played on a TV or computer with a DVD player. The CD
works on any computer with a web browser such as Internet Explorer,
Firefox, Netscape or Safari.

Seven years ago, in August 1999, I published Drawing in One-Point
Perspective on my website. The perspective tutorial started a few
years earlier as a HyperCard stack, an early Mac program for creating
interactive documents. When the Internet developed, I adapted the
HyperCard stack for the web. The tutorial grew in popularity and is
now used by thousands and thousands of people from around the world.
In fact, from last July to this July, the site had 200,000 visitors.
The connectivity of the web!

I developed the perspective tutorial to help my seventh-grade students
understand one-point perspective. (I no longer teach the class.) Over
the years, as my students learned one-point perspective, I continued
to learn more about perspective and how to teach it. Several years
ago, I had the idea of creating an expanded version of the tutorial
and making an interactive CD. I have been working on it, on and off,
for years. As technology changed I encountered different challenges
and the project has gone through several transformations. Well, it is
finally available as an interactive CD and interactive DVD.

Once again the CD and DVD are now available on my website at:
http://www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective/order.html

You can see a sample of one of the lessons on the CD and DVD at:
http://www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective/ordercd.html

As always, the free online tutorial is available at:
http://www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective/index.html

Harold Olejarz