Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] altered book suggestions

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 05:57:37 PDT

ATC's (Altered Trading Cards) are really popular with the altered book
enthusiasts. I even had some of mine shown on the Carol Duvall Show! Another
concept is to have each student create their own personal playing card,
after assigning each student a specific card (Ace of Hearts, Two of Clubs).
After the students have created their card you scan them into the computer.
I put mine into a word document so that I would have 7 (?) per sheet.
Students can then print them out and have an entire deck of personalized
playing cards. I have done this twice myself, once at a conference, once in
an online collaboration.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids