Re:[teacherartexchange] altered book suggestions

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 04:47:18 PDT

I am going to try an idea with my high schooleres from
Michael Bell's site, visualjournaling.com, which is
that the students alter old playing cards for
conceptualizing personal ideas and themes for their
art. I hope we can produce lots at the beginning of
the year and use them for ideas for larger works. I
liked the idea that they could all be laid out on a
table, sorted, traded, and of course altered. Mostly
tiny drawings, digital prints, collages, maquettes. I
liked what Robert Genn recently called bozettos, if
you get his postings. I also liked the size and how
they can fit into your pocket. I liked the idea of
rubber banding them together or even enhancing somehow
the little package they sometimes come in.
Beth