[teacherartexchange] National Art Contest

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 18:43:38 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am not one to promote contests.... I didn't do them.....

I received word about this contest. I read through the rules....
Students do NOT get their artwork returned to them. If you enter this
contest, I would recommend making a photocopy of their line drawing
outlined with Sharpie marker - coloring their photocopy and keeping
the original. You could use the posters then to display around your
school. There is a least an important message in this contest.

From Kate:

The National Center for Culturally Responsive Educational Systems
(NCCRESt) is having a national art contest for students (K-12) and
adults. We work to raise awareness of the impact of race, class,
language, gender, ability, and culture in our schools. The contest is
in conjunction with our 2nd annual national forum on
disproportionality in Washington DC on February 7-9, 2007.

http://www.nccrest.org/events/events/art_contest.html

Thanks,
Kate

Kate Templeton
Networking and Communications Coordinator
National Institute for Urban School Improvement (NIUSI)
National Center for Culturally Responsive Educational Systems (NCCRESt)
1380 Lawrence St., Suite 625
Denver, CO 80204
Phone: (303) 556-3990 Fax: (303) 556-6141
www.urbanschools.org
www.nccrest.org