Re: [teacherartexchange] urgent: inservice activity needed asap

---------

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 17:30:34 PDT

I did a workshop with our teachers on creative journaling- it wasn't
only art teachers, but we did the shaving cream marbling, paste
paper, and just some very free, relaxed watercolor wash - abstract
things. The water color we added writing to- following the shapes,
using different colors. We cut it all up, then used it to make books-
covering chipboard for covers and using some of the decorated paper
mixed with plain paper for pages. We bound them with Japanese stab
binding, then did a few more journaling, altered book kinds of things
inside. It was more of a take care of yourself and your own
creativity and you will be a better teacher- I encouraged them to
keep the journal during the school year to reflect on what goes on
after the chaos starts in September.

It was a fun day- even the boy's PE teacher enjoyed it.
Heather