Re: [teacherartexchange] urgent: inservice activity needed asap

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 10:48:19 PDT

Pam,
It would help to have some specifics on what you need to accomplish.
You are in PA, so, you know the teachers are looking for Act 48
credit. And, Act 48 credit requires "professional" development. A
hands on workshop doesn't make the criteria unless it is tied to
curriculum. Anything using technology will work. Anything tied to
literacy will work. Anything tied to differentiation or special needs..
I have to do the same thing-- come up with an Inservice and oh how I
hate it.
If it has to be a written activity then have your teachers come up
with a format to have kids respond to art in a written fashion-- that
could be journaling, games, research, artists statements, etc. And
let the teachers do the work .
I' m afraid long gone are the days when inservice was a good lunch,
and chit chat and an activity to make happy campers. Those of us in
charge need to document how the activity meets the requirements. I'm
running out of ideas as to how to make the time meaningful. When I
spend time creating and presenting something , the teachers often act
worse than the kids. It's the hell part of my job as department
coordinator.
Pam. let us know what ideas you are juggling, cause I need some ideas
too.

Patty