Re: [teacherartexchange] urgent: inservice activity needed asap

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 09:54:59 PDT

Pam,
        I'm doing a work shop on my Kaleidocycle lesson for the New Mexico
art educators.
You would be wise to do it yourself of course. It should require
about 1/2 a day. The
balance of the time might be used to introduce designs by MC Escher
to begin with
and finish the day by brain storming how each of them might adapt
this to their
classroom. My lesson plan is below. Finding the right paper stock is
key to this
working. Also, I suggest colored pencils for decorating the surface.
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/duncan/Kaleidocycles.html
                                                                Woody
        I was lead art teacher my last three years in Kansas City, Kansas.
My job was
to develop inservice programs for the art teachers K-12. It's
important to give them
hands on stuff to make them happy campers. It's also important to
force them to
think and stretch the lesson in as many ways as possible.
                                Good Luck

On Aug 9, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Pam Wellington wrote:

> Hi everyone. I have had the job of planning an inservice activity
> for the elementary art teachers and I have been given literally no
> time to do it. I gave the teachers an option of traveling to visit
> a gallery or museum but they haven't responded, so it looks like I
> will need a written activity that will last a full day for 3
> teachers who teach K-8 art. Any suggestions? You can email me
> privately if you prefer it.
> Thanks!
> Pam Wellington
> Boiling Springs High School